Thursday, 9 May 2013

HelpMyChainCameOff! has COME OFF


Ah my dear, dear, dear bicycle friends. HelpMyChainCameOff! has COME OFF and when I say come off I mean OFFLINE!

Yep, I'm officially signing off from this blog and would like to wish all you readers and supporters a bicycle GOODBYE. I'm not giving up my two-wheeled adventures and will continue commuting and leisure cycling forever. I'm just stepping down from the stage of bicycle blogging in pursuit of other hobbies I want to get started.

It's been a swell couple of years and all good things have to come to an end right? I see this like Fawlty Towers and The Office, I'm bailing out whilst it's still good because I'm cool.

Thank you to everyone who has commented and read all my posts and supported my work - The bicycle community are a vocal, inclusive bunch and we make the best team.

So, with the wonderful weather on the weekend, I went out on my bike to celebrate the last post of HelpMyChainCameOff! and took some pictures of my adventure to Richmond Park which I want to share with you for the last time.



Cruising through Hyde Park dodging the tourists on their Boris Bikes.


Winging it through Chelsea, darling.

Passing by the rowing clubs in Putney.

Waiting for the level crossing to cross the railway line.

 It's the attack of the MAMILs! They swarmed to Richmond Park in flocks.


Arrived at Richmond Park and observing MAMIL behaviour. Favourite quote I overheard was 'My glucose levels are down, I'M HUNGRY!' Ah vintage MAMIL saying.


Sitting back and basking in the sunshine.


And then it was time to go...
Over and out.x

16 comments:

Lady VĂ©lo said...

Jemma! You will be SO MISSED on the cycle blogging scene! Have loved reading about you and your two-wheeled adventures... but so pleased that you're off to pursue other interests and hobbies calling to your heart.

Thanks for being bloody brilliant on your bike :)

Jools xx

Neil said...

Have fun, I'll miss the posts, thanks

Rebecca Olds said...

Damn, I'd only just discovered this blog! Whatever you do, have a fun.

Rebecca
(velovoice.blogspot.co.uk)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all your posts in the past. It's been fun reading. Best of luck and have fun in the future.

Anonymous said...

I am very sad to see this blog go - maybe you can come back after this retirement like so many others (not just Frank Sinatra)?

You gave us very posiitve and cheery and helpful views.

I hope I can still send notice of my site posts?

As the old club cyclists say: "See you up the road",

Dr. Robert Davis, Chair Road Danger Reduction Forum

Donna Norford said...

Thanks for all your posts both serious and funny. You will be missed by many.

I still have a giggle about your Mr Frog post :)

All the best for your future ventures

Donna Norford

The Ranty Highwayman said...

Thanks for the sideways look at life on 2 wheels and may your hands stay warm next winter!

Andreas said...

Noooooo! Was enjoying this bike blog so much. Best of luck in your new pursuits Jemma and hope one day you can re-join us cycling bloggers!

Jude Brosnan said...

NOOOOOooooOOooooOooooo!
I'm going to miss you madly.
Jxxx

alec scott said...

well, thanks for sharing ... it was good while it lasted.
take care and have fun :)
keep on cycling!!!

Hexagon said...

But I'd only just subscribed :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you; good-bye and wishing you the best for always.
L

anniebikes said...

Take care, Miss Jemma. I'll miss your writing.

mariam baurice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Hannaway said...

Oh no, I only just found this blog and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. Best of luck on your new ventures.xx

Anonymous said...

Awww looked at your wee blog for inspiration and passed onto my cycling buddies. Have fun x

Post a Comment